Housatonic Model Yacht Club
AMYA Club 117
Region 1 – Middlebury, Connecticut
HMYC policy for weather cancellations are as follows:
- HMYC will usually sail in light rain when there is no lightening
- If racing is cancelled a decision should be made and posted to the effected fleets by 8 am of the morning of the race.
- Races will be cancelled if the Lake is flooded. This is any time the water covers the road across the inlet on the way to our parking area. Pond level above 23 feet.
- The Corps has a website that displays the Lake level in real time at:
- Hop Brook Lake water depth
- Go to the “Hydro Data” tab and click “Real Time Data”. It take a bit to load the data list but scroll down to find Hop Brook Dam and click. If the Pool depth is greater than 23 ft, the road is flooded and passable.
- The officers and / or fleet captain of the effected fleet will post on line or call the skippers about the cancellation.
- HMYC officers should know of any racing cancellation. If in doubt call an officer. (see club roster).